LinkageDesigner is a Mathematica application package for virtual prototyping of linkages. It is designed to analyze, synthesize, and simulate linkages with serial chain, tree, and graph structures. Using the symbolic calculation capabilities of Mathematica, it supports fully parameterized linkage definition and analysis. The package supports the geometric, kinematic, static and dynamic analysis of linkages. It could be easily integrated and interfaced with any mechanism related design workflow.
- Generalized coordinates based modelling of mechanism with open and closed graph
- Copying, joining and merging mechanisms with LinkageData manipulation
- Geometric and kinematic modelling of gears and gear-trains
- Import CAD geometries
- Static and dynamical analysis of linkages
- Extensive support for dimensional synthesis and classification of four-bar mechanisms
- Mass properties ( mass, moment of inertia, centre of gravity, etc) calculation of any polyhedral type Graphics3D geometries
LinkageDesigner 2.0 requires Mathematica 8+ and is available for all Mathematica platforms.